- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon large yellow onions, diced
- 3 teaspoon garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 teaspoon whole cauliflower, shaved (save stalks, they make a good soup)
- 2 teaspoon sweet red peppers, roasted and diced
- 2 teaspoon jalapeño pepper, roasted and diced
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon mint, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon basil, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter to finish.
Shave the cauliflower florets with a knife.
The smaller the better since it will help us avoid having to over work the cauliflower in the processor to get a consistent size that resembles couscous, the grain.
Heat the oil in a large skillet.
Add the spices and gently heat until the mustard seeds pop.
Add the onion and garlic and let them soften.
Add the cauliflower and diced peppers to the onion.
Cover and allow to steam until tender — 5 minutes or so.
Finish with butter, mint, basil, parsley, kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.