This tastes like the tropics and will instantly transport you to a beach somewhere far away … just take it slow (aka "Island Time") because these babies are strong!
Technique tip: Using a cocktail shaker helps ensure that your drink is perfectly mixed.
Swap option: For a mocktail (or a kid-friendly version), omit the alcohol and add some grenadine to taste.
- 1 ounce white rum
- 1 ounce coconut rum
- 1/4 ounce apricot brandy
- 2 ounces orange juice
- 3 ounces pineapple juice
- Marischino cherry and orange slice, to garnish (optional)
- Dark rum, such as Meyers, to make a floater
1. Combine the rums, brandy and juices in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously with ice.
2. Pour the beverage into a glass with fresh ice.
3. Top with a dash (or a splash) of dark rum and garnish with a cherry and orange slice, if using.