"You have no idea how coveted this recipe is. This particular bloody mary might be more famous than Carson (sorry, husband)," says Siri Daly. "He has all of these ingredients stocked at home, in his dressing room at the TODAY show, in his trailer at "The Voice," in a Mary Poppins-style handbag (OK, that is fake news). The fact is, this blood mary is a highly requested beverage wherever he goes, and he has perfected it."
Technique tip: The depth of flavor is highlighted from the smoky Worcestershire, the bright, fresh lemon, the sweet pickle juice and the spicy kick of hot sauce. Top with your favorite accoutrements like celery or beef jerky, and you have a meal in a glass. A famous one at that.
- 6 tablespoons Ketel One vodka
- 1/2 cup blood mary mix (such as Mr & Mrs T “Original”)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon bread-and-butter pickle juice (such as Bubbies)
- 1/2 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 3 dashes of hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of celery salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Lemon and celery stalks
- Beef jerky
1. Fill a tall glass with lots of ice. Add the blood mary mix, vodka, Worcestershire, horseradish, pickle juice, lemon juice, and hot sauce. Stir to combine.
2. Add more ice, if needed. Sprinkle with celery salt and pepper.
3. If desired, garnish with beef jerky, lemon wedges, and celery stalks.