Besides the taste being irresistible, the "dump cake" process is beyond easy. No mixing is required. Just a simple layering of ingredients allows everything to come together wonderfully.
Swap option: Try this same recipe in the autumn with apple slices for a delicious twist.
Special equipment: Cast-iron skillet.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2-3 cups ripe peach slices (from about 5-7 medium peaches)
- 1 cup caramel sauce, store-bought or homemade, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup peach nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2/3 cup salted butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Coat a 9-inch cast-iron skillet with the nonstick cooking spray.
2. Spread the peaches evenly across the bottom of the prepared pan. Drizzle the caramel sauce over the peaches then pour the peach nectar over the caramel.
3. Next, sprinkle the cinnamon and nutmeg over the peaches, then drizzle the vanilla extract. Cover the peaches completely with the yellow cake mix, then drizzle the melted butter on top, making sure to cover all dry areas.
4. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Serve with the vanilla ice cream and extra caramel sauce.