These are the perfect starters for any occasion — and they go great with Champagne. The briny capers and fresh dill complement the rich, creamy yolks perfectly.
Technique tip: Cut a tiny slice off of the bottoms so that the eggs will stand up straight. Swap Option: Use picked relish instead of capers.
- 15 large eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped, plus small sprigs for garnish
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Cut the eggs in half across crosswise.
2. Remove the yolks and place them in a bowl.
3. Mash the yolks with a fork. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, capes and dill, and mix until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Spoon or pipe the mixture into the whites. Garnish with dill sprigs and serve.