Candied bacon, or “pig candy” as we often call it, is always a home run. We love to keep the bacon strips whole and stuff them into a mint julep cup to make the perfect nibble for any cocktail. The whole process, including cooling, will take no more than an hour.
Candied Bacon Grissini
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (16-ounce) package thick bacon slices
- 1 (3-ounce) package Grissini (bread sticks)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread the brown sugar evenly on a plate, and set aside while you wrap the grissini.
2. Wrap one bacon slice around each stick, starting at one end, and barely overlapping to cover the entire stick. Roll each wrapped grissini in the brown sugar to lightly coat the bacon.
3. Arrange the wrapped grissini in a single layer on two lightly greased wire racks in two aluminum foil-lined broiler pans.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes, or until done and bacon has crisped up. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.