Brazilian supermodel Camila Alves makes a delicious and easy 5-ingredient marinade that's perfect for beef or chicken skewers.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound boneless beef top sirloin, cut into bite sized cubes and or boneless chicken breast cut into bite sized cubes
- Oil, for brushing the grill or grill pan
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1 white onion, cut into large slices
- 4 pieces pineapple, cut into chunks
1. Soak 4 wooden skewers in water.
2. In a medium bowl, add the honey, soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil and ground ginger. Whisk to combine and then pour the mixture into a gallon-sized sealable plastic bag. Add the beef or chicken and coat with the marinade. Squeeze out the excess air and seal the bag. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, flipping the bag several times as the meat marinates.
3. Preheat the grill or grill pan and lightly brush with the oil.
4. Remove the meat from the marinade and discard the excess marinade.
5. On the soaked skewers, thread the beef or chicken, peppers, and onions. Top each skewer with one pineapple.
6. Place the skewers on the grill or grill pan and cook until nicely browned, turning often, about 10 minutes. Serve.