This West Coast-inspired chicken takes a dip in a savory balsamic marinade before hitting the grill then getting topped with melty mozzarella, creamy avocado and fresh tomatoes.
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices avocado
- 4 slices tomato
- 2 tablespoons sliced basil
- Balsamic glaze, for drizzling
1. In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, honey, oil, and Italian seasoning and season with salt and pepper. Pour over chicken breasts and marinate 20 minutes.
2. Heat grill to medium high. Grill chicken until internal temperature reaches 170°F on an instant-read thermometer.
3. Top chicken with mozzarella, avocado, and tomato and cover grill to melt, 2 minutes.
4. Garnish with basil and drizzle with balsamic glaze.