The crunch and savory goodness of this dish will make it a go-to meal on any weeknight.
- 1 pound raw wild shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1-2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning or gluten-free store-bought seasoning
- 1/4 cup avocado mayonnaise (I prefer Primal Kitchen mayo because its eggs are pasture-raised and avocado oil contains very little sugar)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 cups shredded cabbage (from about 1/2 cabbage)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or other high-smoke-point oil
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges, for serving
In a medium bowl, coat the shrimp with the taco seasoning.2.
In a large bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the lime juice and whisk until thinned. Add the cabbage and mix to coat.3.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook until they're pink and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.4.
Place the lettuce leaves on a plate and use them as taco "shells," layering in the shrimp, slaw, avocado and cilantro. Squeeze the lime wedges on top and serve.