For the shrimp:
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 tablespoons hot sauce, such as Frank's, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest, from 1 large lemon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with 4 tablespoons of the hot sauce, garlic, lemon zest and oil. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and shallots and sauté the shallot for about two minutes. Add the spices and continue to cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for one more minute. Add the heavy cream and salt. Reduce the heat to low and simmer that mixture for about 5 minutes. It should thicken slightly. Now whisk in the goat cheese a little at a time until fully incorporated and smooth. Remove from the heat and allow the sauce to cool for 5 minutes. Stir in the herbs.
Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium high heat. Season the shrimp with the salt and grill for about 2 to 3 minutes per side or until opaque all the way through. Remove to a clean bowl and toss with the remaining hot sauce. Serve with the goat cheese dipping sauce.