Top Chef Junior contestant Rahanna Bisseret Martinez shared this creative recipe for biscuits filled with spicy vegetables and topped with creamy blue cheese mousse. Martinez says she loves the recipe because it's beautiful and easy to customize.
- 5 cups cauliflower florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 5 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4 cup Buffalo sauce or your favorite hot sauce
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 container refrigerated flaky biscuit dough (8 biscuits)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- Scallions, chopped for garnish
1. In a large pan, over medium heat, melt the butter and sauté the garlic for 1 minute. Add the chopped broccoli and cauliflower and cook for 8-10 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the Buffalo sauce, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Toss the broccoli and cauliflower in the pan until the vegetables are evenly coated. Set aside to cool.
2. Separate the dough into individual biscuits. Divide each biscuit in half, lengthwise, by peeling back the center layers to create two even rounds. Press and stretch each biscuit round into a muffin tin cups.Spoon the cauliflower and broccoli filling into each biscuit cup.
3. Bake until golden brown, about 13-15 minutes.
4. In a large bowl, combine the sour cream and cream cheese. Dollop about one tablespoon of the blue cheese mixture onto each biscuit cup and garnish with chopped scallions. Serve.