- 1.5 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 whole beaten egg
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Italian cheese blend
- 2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups meat sauce
- Equipment: 9-inch heart-shaped cake pan
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine ricotta cheese, beaten egg, minced garlic and chopped parsley in a bowl to make the ricotta filling.
3. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions and drain.
4. Spread 1/4-cup marinara sauce in bottom of a 9-inch heart-shaped cake pan. Cover marinara sauce with 1 layer of lasagna noodles (trimmed to fit pan).
5. Evenly spread 3/4 cup of the ricotta filling on the pasta sheet.
6. Sprinkle 1/4 cup Italian cheese blend over the ricotta filling.
7. Cover the cheese with a layer of lasagna noodles and even out the filling under the noodles gently with your hands.
8. Ladle 1 cup of meat sauce over the pasta sheet and spread it evenly over the pasta.
9. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese evenly over the sauce.
10. Cover with a layer of lasagna noodles.
11. Evenly spread 3/4 cup of the ricotta filling over the noodles.
12. Top ricotta filling with 1/4 cup Italian cheese blend.
13. Cover the cheese with another layer of noodles and even out the filling under noodles gently with your hands.
14. Ladle 1 cup of meat sauce over the noodles.
15. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese evenly over the sauce.
16. Wrap top of pan with two layers of aluminum foil.
17. Bake for 1 hour, 25 minutes.
18. Remove from oven, uncover and evenly pour 1/2 cup marinara sauce over top. Sprinkle 1 cup Italian cheese blend over top.
19. Return to oven for an additional 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
20. Remove from oven and let rest for 20 minutes before serving.
21. Garnish with chopped parsley, serve and enjoy!