This recipe is a deliciously-filling and simple way to give your pork shoulder a whole new twist for a cold weather meal.
Technique tip: This dish can also be prepared in a slow cooker ahead of time.
- 3 pounds of cooked pork shoulder
- Three 14-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- Two 16-ounce packages of frozen whole corn
- 2 medium onions
- 2 packages frozen butter beans
- 3 red potatoes peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- One 32-ounce container of chicken broth
- One 24-ounce bottle ketchup
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
1. Stir together pork, diced tomatoes, corn, and remaining ingredients in a pot. You can also use a slow cooker (see below).
2. Cook over low heat for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
3. If using a slow cooker, add all ingredients into your pot, stir together and cook for 2 hours on high.
4. Once the stew is done, ladle it into bowls and serve with crusty French bread.