Bone broth contains collagen protein, which proponents claim helps keep skin's elasticity, strengthens nails, joints and ligaments. Marco Canora of New York City's Brodo says this recipe is simple and easy to digest. It's packed with vitamin C, making it a good option for those looking to stave off a potential cold in the winter months.
Swap option: You can substitute fresh fruits for frozen. Bone broth can be made at home or purchased at many health food stores. If buying boxed or bottled broth, just make sure to avoid ones with a high sodium content.
- 1 carrot
- 1 whole orange, rind removed
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 mango, chopped
- 1 ounce ginger juice
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 7 ounces chicken bone broth
1. Add all ingredients to a blender.
2. Blend until smooth and enjoy immediately. If a frothier texture is desired, you may add ice.