This is a simple vegetable dish that's also ooey, gooey, cheesy and crispy. What's not to love?
Technique tip: Lightly steam the vegetables in the microwave for a few minutes first so they don't go into the oven frozen.
Swap option: Any other combination of frozen vegetables and shredded cheese.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (10½-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 16-ounce bag frozen broccoli florets, lightly steamed
- 1⅓ cups fried onions, divided, preferably French's
- 1⅓ cups shredded cheddar, divided
Preheat oven to 350 F.2.
Mix the milk, sour cream, crushed red pepper, black pepper and soup in a 1½-quart casserole dish. Stir in broccoli and 2/3 cup each of the fried onions and shredded cheese, combining thoroughly.3.
Bake for 30 minutes.4.
Stir filling then top with the remaining 2/3 cup each cheese and onions. Return to oven to bake for 5-10 more minutes, until topping is golden-brown and cheese is melted.