- 1/2 fresh or frozen banana, peeled
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen mango chunks
- 1/4 cup frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 serving blue algae powder, such as Blue Majik
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup milk of choice
- Optional super boosts: bee pollen, chia seeds, hemp seeds, vanilla or plain protein powder collagen peptides, reishi, ashwagandha, probiotic powder, pink Himalayan salt and/or Brazil nuts
My kids call this the Smurf smoothie on account of its intense blue color, which only enhances its drinkability in their eyes, but trust me when I say that you don't need to be a kid to love it. The kid (and parent) in me rejoiced the day I discovered magical blue algae powder. It is an extract of spirulina and can naturally turn food a shade of blue I had thought impossible. While you may cringe at the thought of putting algae in your smoothie, the taste is completely masked. And it delivers 24% of your daily iron, containing even more than spinach and is believed to support joints and increase energy.
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.