This recipe is not only delicious but super easy to make. You can also easily jazz it up by making your own homemade biscuits, jam or breakfast sausage.
Technique tip: Make sure you lightly coat your egg mold with a non-stick all-natural cooking spray, like avocado oil. This will make it easy to remove the mold, when it's time to flip your egg
Swap option: If you're allergic to strawberry, you can swap for raspberry or grape jelly. You can also swap out the turkey sausage for vegan or pork, depending on your dietary restrictions.
- 1 pre-baked buttermilk biscuit
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- olive oil
- 1 turkey breakfast sausage patty
- 1 large egg
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1 slice white cheddar
1. Slice the biscuit in half and spread the top and bottom with a good amount of strawberry jam. Set aside.
2. Heat a medium-size nonstick pan over medium heat, with a dime size amount of olive oil. Spread it around the pan.
3. Place your sausage patty in the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, until browned.
4. While your sausage is cooking, place your lightly oiled egg mold in the pan. Crack egg directly into the center of the mold, cooking for minutes a couple minutes, and sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper. (You may want to press down on the mold, so that the egg does not escape out.)
5. Remove the mold, add your sliced cheese and cover with lid until cheese is fully melted, about 2 minutes.
6. Remove your cooked egg and sausage from the pan, placing the sausage on your biscuit first, followed by your fried egg and the top of your biscuit. Serve immediately.