You can't beat a fall-off-the-bone tender spareribs. These are infused with the flavors of fresh ginger, tangy hoisin and savory soy sauce.
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1 rack pork spareribs, fat trimmed
- 1 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 (3-inch) piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1. Whisk together ground ginger, salt, black pepper, paprika and cayenne. Rub over ribs. Place in a baking pan or Dutch oven.
2. Whisk together soy sauce, orange juice, hoisin, ketchup and grated ginger. Pour over and around the ribs.
3. Cover with lid or foil and let marinate at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
4. To cook, preheat oven to 275 F. Braise covered for 2½-3 hours, or until tender.
5. Remove cover and place under broiler 2-5 minutes, until slightly caramelized.
6. Divide ribs and serve immediately garnished with sliced scallions and sesame seeds.