You won't miss the meat in these hearty tacos with eggplant and goat cheese. If you make my Eggplant Milanese, you can use the leftover fried eggplant in this recipe.
- Four 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 slices roasted eggplant, breaded, fried and diced (see note)
- 3 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, such as Cholula
- 1/2 lime
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 cup baby arugula
1. Heat a medium nonstick pan over high heat. Heat tortillas one at time for 20 seconds on each side until warmed through, then transfer to a piece of aluminum foil and repeat with the remaining tortillas. Tightly wrap to keep warm.
2. Return pan to stove over high heat, add the oil and cook the eggplant until re-crisped and warmed through, about 4 minutes.
3. Put a tortilla on a flat surface. Put some of the eggplant down the center and top with some of the goat cheese.
4. Whisk together the hot sauce and lime juice in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper Add the arugula and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Top the tacos with some of the arugula. Fold and eat.