- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded or flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup packaged brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the blueberries, oats, almonds, coconut, cashews, brown sugar and allspice to form the granola mixture.
- Melt the butter with the maple syrup in a small saucepan over low heat. Pour the syrup-butter combination over the granola mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread the granola on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the granola is golden brown. Remove it from the oven. Sprinkle with cinnamon and stir it in.
- Eat some of it warm if you want. Otherwise, let it cool and keep in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.