- ½ cup slivered or sliced almonds
- 4 large dates (such as Medjool), pitted
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk or 1% low-fat milk
- 2 ½ cups frozen blueberries
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract, or vanilla extract
Place the almonds, dates and almond milk into a blender and blend until as smooth as possible. Add the blueberries and almond extract and blend until smooth. You may need to stop the blender to stir with a spatula a couple of times, depending on the power of your blender.
Divide the smoothie mixture among 4 serving bowls, then top with various toppings.
Suggested toppings: granola, chia seeds, shredded coconut, pomegranate seeds, sliced banana, chopped cherries or peaches.