- 14 ounces tomato passata or tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 ounces vodka (optional)
- 1 dash hot sauce, such as Tabasco, to taste
- 20 small pimento-stuffed green olives
- 3 ribs celery, strings peeled away and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 ounces good-quality store-bought focaccia, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
These inventive bites turn a classic bloody mary cocktail into a delectable appetizer. They're a refreshing departure from the usual party fare, are so fun to dip and they're vegan-friendly.
For the dip:
Put the tomato passata, oil, tomato paste, vinegar, Worcestershire, celery salt, vodka, if using, and hot sauce into a medium sauté pan or saucepan over medium heat and simmer until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
For the skewers:
Thread an olive, piece of celery and cube of focaccia onto each cocktail skewer.
Pour the dip into a serving bowl, place on a board and arrange the dipping skewers next to it. The dip can be served warm or at room temperature.