Everyone loves a delicious piece of bread, but not everyone loves how heavy it makes them feel afterwards! This grain-free, gluten-free sandwich bread recipe uses whole cashews, fiber-rich coconut flour and just a handful of other ingredients. And it's so easy to make — just put everything into a blender, blend, and bake!
- ghee or coconut oil for greasing pan
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups whole raw cashews, about 17.5 ounces
- 7 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Place a heatproof dish filled with 2 inches of water on the bottom rack of the oven and preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Lightly grease the inside of a large loaf pan, 12 x 4 1/2 inches, with ghee or oil and press a piece of parchment paper into the bottom with flaps that hang over the sides of the pan.
3. Place all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and process on low for 15 seconds. Scrape down the sides and process again on high for 15 to 30 seconds, until very smooth. If batter is too thick to blend, add up to 2 tablespoons of water until it is moving easily through the blender.
4. Transfer the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 60-70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center returns clean.
5. Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then gently remove the loaf using the parchment overhangs and allow to cool on a wire rack before serving or storing. Store the loaf tightly wrapped in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.