I love local North Fork black sea bass combined with tropical slaw. It reminds me my mom's enchilada slaw. The spicy mayo adds a nice kick and helps tie all the flavors together.
- 3 tablespoons blackened seasoning
- 1/4 cup blended oil (25% extra virgin olive oil + 75% vegetable oil)
- 1 pound black sea bass fillets
- 1½ cups shredded green cabbage
- 1½ cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 small carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and diced into small cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup organic blue agave
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 8 flour tortillas
- micro cilantro, to garnish
For the fish:1.
In a small bowl, mix the blackening seasoning and oil.2.
Coat the fish with mixture.3.
Heat a pan over medium-high heat; when the pan is lightly smoking, add the fish, laying each piece flat.4.
Cook for 2 minutes each side until dark golden. Set aside.
For the tropical slaw:
In a medium bowl, mix shredded green cabbage, shredded purple cabbage, shredded carrot, scallions, diced mango, chopped cilantro, organic blue agave, fresh squeezed lemon juice, salt and pepper until well-combined.
For the chipotle mayo:
In a small bowl, blend the mayo, sour cream and chipotle.
For the tacos:
Heat up flour tortillas in a pan for 30 seconds on each side.
Place a portion of fish on heated tortilla. Top with tropical slaw and about 2 tablespoons of chipotle mayo on top. Garnish with micro cilantro.