Classic shrimp and grits gets an update with a bite of bite. The combination of fresh ground pepper with the briny feta gives a familiar dish a whole new perspective.
Technique tip: Make sure you're using stone ground grits here; the texture is worth it.
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1½ cups stone-ground grits
- 1 dash salt
- 2 cups black pepper shrimp mixture (recipe linked above)
- 1 cup feta cheese
1. Put a pot on medium-high heat. In the pot, bring the water, milk and butter to a boil.
2. Add the grits and a dash of salt and reduce the heat so the grits are at a medium simmer. Cover but stir every 2 or 3 minutes. The grits should take about 15 minutes (when cooked at that medium-high heat) but check your particular brand. When the grits are a minute or so from being done, add in the shrimp and feta.
3. Allow the shrimp to come up to temperature and then serve hot.