This shrimp fried rice is flavorful without being difficult — the perfect weeknight meal when you need to throw something together.
Technique tip: You want to make sure you put your heat on as high as possible, so the rice crisps up.
Swap option: Lemons instead of limes or other leafy herbs can sub in here if needed.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil, divided
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 1 dash salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups black pepper shrimp mixture (recipe linked above)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
1. Put a large wok (or large Dutch oven) on high heat and turn on your hood as well. Add 2 tablespoons of the oil and allow it to heat up.
2. Add the rice and a dash of salt to the hot pan (depending on how salty the rice already is), stir every 20-30 seconds for about 3 minutes.
3. Move the rice to the side, add the rest of the oil to the pan and crack the eggs in the center. Scramble them up, allowing them to cook for a minute and then fold into the rice. Add the shrimp mixture, fish sauce and soy sauce to the pan and allow to cook for another minute. Add the lime juice over the rice and fold in the cilantro. Serve hot.