I love these meatballs because they are super flavorful and tender, easy to prepare and were wone of my favorite things to make — and eat — as a kid.
(By TODAY with our sponsor Citi, a partner of Taste of the Nation and No Kid Hungry)
- 1 pound coarsely ground pork
- 1 pound coarsely ground beef
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, finely zested
- 5 ounces bread, crust cut off, cubed, soaked in water then squeezed out
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Tomato sauce, homemade or store-bought
- Finely chopped parsley, for garnish
- Finely grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix until well combined.
3. Portion out roughly 2 ounce chunks of the meat mixture and roll them into balls. Place the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet and cook in the oven for 16 minutes, rotating the pan half way through.
4. Serve with tomato sauce, a sprinkle of parsley and Parmesan cheese.