If steak could talk, it would say, "Keep it simple!" The bare-bones preparation lets the rich, natural flavor of the steak be the star of the dish.
- One 3-pound porterhouse steak, at room temperature
- Good quality olive oil, to serve
- Herbed salt, to serve
1. Preheat a grill to high heat. Grease grill grates.
2. Grill the steak for 5-8 minutes on each side. Then, move the steak over indirect heat and place standing on the bone and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Remove the steak to a serving plate and let rest. Slice into chunks to serve with olive oil and herbed salt on the side.