This fun twist on grilled cheese from the TODAY Cafe at Universal Orlando Resort combines the savory flavors of melted cheesiness and tomatoes with the crisp sweetness of apples all in one sandwich. It's a great lunch option for your kids or for the big kid that's in all of us.
Universal Orlando Resort is part of our parent company, NBCUniversal.
- 2 slices white bread
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 slice pepper jack cheese
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 thin slices red delicious apple
- 1 tablespoon roasted plum tomato
1. Butter two slices of white bread with softened butter.
2. Place bread butter-side down into non-stick fry pan on medium heat.
3. Begin to build the sandwich by laying the pepper jack and Swiss cheese on one slice and cheddar on the other. Allow the cheese to begin to melt. Once the cheese begins to soften, place apples and tomatoes on top of the slice with cheddar.
4. Using a spatula, flip the side with the pepper jack onto the other side and press for one minute. Ensure that both sides are golden brown, remove from pan and place onto cutting board. Cut in half and enjoy.