Blueberries are the stars of these fruity muffins. I usually use Bluecrop blueberries in this recipe because they are firm and have a tarter taste. The only difficult thing about these easy muffins is that you'll want to pack in as many summery blueberries as possible!
- Butter, for greasing muffin pan
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, or more to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a muffin pan with butter.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg and oil.
4. Fold the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy and thick). Gently fold the cinnamon and blueberries into mixture.
5. Spoon the batter into muffin pan, filling cups 2/3 of the way.
6. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes (until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean).
7. Let muffins cook for an additional 5 minutes before removing them from the pan. Place them on a cooling rack and let them rest before serving.