- 8 cups water
- 14 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup leftover shredded beef
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 20 ounces fresh tortellini
For our make-ahead Monday series, transform your slow-cooker roast into Italian soup. Add as much (or as little) cheese as you want!
In a large pot, add the water, leftover beef, sauce, diced tomatoes, garlic and Italian seasoning, bring to a boil over medium-high heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes.2.
Add the tortellini and cook them according to package instructions, once cooked, remove from the heat, stir in the pesto, some of the parmesan cheese and adjust the seasoning to taste.3.
Add cheese to taste.