- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon (1-pound) beef shoulder roast or petite tender roast, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoon shallots, quartered
- 4 tablespoon garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cup (1-inch) cubed peeled butternut squash (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl.
Add beef; toss well to coat.2.
Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
Add beef and shallots; cook 4 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.
Add garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
Stir in broth and tomatoes; bring to a boil.
Cook 5 minutes.
Add squash; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until squash is tender.
Sprinkle with cilantro.