Fried rice is one of my favorite things to make when I need to get food on the table fast. It's super quick to cook, versatile, great for using up leftover meat, and everyone is always happy to eat it!
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup cooked short rib, diced
- 1/4 cup diced carrots
- 1/4 cup snap peas, sliced
- 3/4 cup white onion diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- White pepper, to taste
1. Heat skillet or wok over high heat, then add the oil, garlic, cooked short rib, carrots, snap peas and onion. Sauté for about 2 minutes until onions are translucent and short rib is heated through.
2. Add egg to the skillet then the rice directly into the wet egg. Using the back of a spatula or spoon press the rice into the egg, fold and repeat until the rice is completely coated and heated through.
3. Add soy sauce and oyster sauce and stir to coat rice. Cook, stirring, over high heat until rice is heated through, about 2-4 minutes.
4. Garnish with green onions and white pepper.