Beef brisket lends itself perfectly to plenty of great leftover meals. Case in point: Tender brisket meat makes for one incredibly succulent barbecue sandwich. And if you prefer things a little less zesty, use plain mayo instead of mixing it with horseradish.
- 4 sandwich rolls or hamburger buns
- 8 teaspoons olive oil
- Toasted garlic powder, to taste
- 4 cups shredded or pulled leftover brisket, warmed
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared red horseradish, or more to taste
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 medium avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 1/2 cup crispy shallots or pickled onions
1. Drizzle each bun with 1 teaspoon of oil and a few dashes of garlic powder, then broil in the oven on high, cut side up, for 1 minute, to toast.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together mayo and horseradish. Slather one side of each bun with horseradish mayonnaise and the second side with barbecue sauce.
3. Stuff the sandwiches with 1 cup meat filling, a few avocado slices and top with the crispy shallots. Or use pickled onions for a healthier option!
4. Serve warm with coleslaw, french fries or any other delicious side to complement your meal!