- 1/2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup soft blue cheese, crumbled
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 cups finely chopped toasted pecans
- 3 bacon slices, cooked and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 pound large seedless red grapes
- 1 bag blue tortilla chips
- handful of black olives cut into small rounds
I love to watch the expression on peoples' faces after biting into one of these and realizing there's a grape inside!
Technique tip: Mix the grapes in the softened cream cheese then pull out a grape from the cheese and roll it in the nuts.
Swap option: If you have a nut allergy, roll the cream cheese-covered grapes in fresh herbs like basil and chives.
Line a rimmed baking sheet with wax paper.2.
Beat the cream cheese, blue cheese, and 2 tablespoons of the heavy cream in a medium bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the remaining heavy cream, 1 teaspoon at a time, if needed, to reach a creamy consistency.3.
Combine the pecans, bacon and parsley in a shallow dish. Thoroughly coat the grapes with the cream cheese mixture and then roll them in the pecan mixture, making sure to cover all sides. Place each covered grape on the prepared baking sheet and chill for at least 1 hour.4.
Take 3 tortilla chips, stick two full-sized tortilla chips into opposite ends of the cheese-coated grape to look like wings. Then take two broken off tips of the third tortilla chip and stick them onto the top of the cheese-coated grape to create ears.5.
Place round olive slices in front to look like eyes.6.