Here are some variations to try:
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt, divided into to parts
- 2 tablespoons cooked, chilled grains (such as bulgur wheat, quinoa, or barley)
- ½ cup diced vegetables
- Pinch flaky sea salt and za’atar, for serving (optional)
- ½ teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, for serving (optional)
1. Give to yogurt a good stir to smooth it out. In a small bowl or glass half-pint jar, put ¼ cup of the yogurt. Top it with the cooked grain and half the vegetables. Add the remaining yogurt and top with the remaining vegetables. At this point, you may cover and chill the parfaits for up to 24 hours, or serve immediately.
2. To serve, you may top off your parfait with a small drizzle of olive oil, a pinch of good salt, and/or a sprinkle of za’atar.