I love this recipe because it brings it out a lot of flavor in the jackfruit. The Cajun seasonings and crunchy coleslaw give it a wonderfully sweet and salty taste.
Technique tip: Hold the wrap closed in deep fryer with tongs to prevent opening.
- cooked jackfruit, chopped
- Cajun seasoning
- barbecue sauce
- pepper jack cheese
- whole-wheat tortilla
1. Preheat broiler to medium-high heat. Preheat a deep fryer to 350 F.
2. Season 1-2 scoops chopped jackfruit with the Cajun spices and a drizzle of barbecue sauce.
3. Place 2 slices of pepper jack on top of the cooked jackfruit and place under the broiler to melt.
4. Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Place the tortilla in the pan to toast, for 1-2 mins.
5. Remove the tortilla from the pan and place the cooked jackfruit with melted cheese in the middle, top with coleslaw and the drizzle with more barbecue sauce.
6. Wrap the tortilla like a burrito. Place back in the pan for 3-4 minutes to seal burrito.
7. Place the wrap into the deep fryer for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the deep fryer when golden-brown, cut in half and enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce.