This recipe is awesome because it's super simple and great for home cooks of all skill levels. The ingredients can easily be found in your local supermarket. Just toss roasted chicken with your favorite barbecue sauce, add a layer of crunchy tortilla chips with tasty toppings and bake.
Technique tip: If you don't have a cast-iron skillet, you can use a sheet pan.
Swap option: Instead of chicken, you can use any protein.
- One 14-ounce bag tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 cup sweet barbecue sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapeños
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup cooked bacon crumbles
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a bowl, mix shredded chicken with 1/2 cup barbecue sauce.
3. Sprinkle a layer of tortilla chips in a cast-iron skillet followed by chicken, bacon, jalapeños and cheese. Bake for about 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
4. Before serving, top with pico de gallo, more barbecue sauce and sour cream.