Up the spice with jalapenos, or keep things mild and opt out. Your choice!
- One 1-pound ball of pizza dough or 4 pre-made flatbreads
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 1/2 cups leftover shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1.2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno slices, optional
1. Place a pizza stone in your oven and preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Allow the pizza stone to get hot, which will take about 30 minutes. If you don’t have a pizza stone, just place a large baking sheet upside down in the oven and allow it to get hot while the oven heats up.
3. In a bowl, toss the chicken with the barbecue sauce and set aside.
4. Roll your pizza dough into a 12-inch circle and place it on a pizza peel or an upside down baking sheet.
5. Scatter your chicken mixture all over the top of the pizza dough. Top the pizza with the pickled jalapenos, if you like things spicy (or skip if you don't!) and raw onion, and sprinkle the shredded mozzarella over the top.
6. Put the pizza in the oven on your pizza stone (or baking sheet) and let it cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy on the bottom.
7. Slice with a pizza cutter and serve hot!