- 4-6 sheets matzo, any variety
- 1 pound frozen, sliced peaches, thawed, including juice, chopped
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, finely grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place two to three of the matzo sheets in a single layer in the prepared dish (break up some of the sheets if needed to cover the entire surface).
3. Scatter half the peach chunks and banana slices evenly on top of the matzo. Scatter ¼ cup brown sugar and ¼-teaspoon cinnamon on top. Repeat this layer, using the remaining matzo, peaches, bananas, brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl whisk the cream cheese with one egg until the mixture is smooth. Add additional eggs one at a time, whisking to incorporate each one completely before the next one is added. Pour in milk, lemon peel and vanilla extract and whisk the ingredients to incorporate them completely. Pour the egg mixture over the matzo and seasoned peaches and bananas. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
5. Bake for about 45 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
6. Serve straight from the baking dish. Scoop portions onto plates at the table and top with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.