Every kid loves a hot dog for lunch, and these are even better than regular hot dogs! We buy our favorite turkey sausages, cut them into bite-sized pieces, dip them in cornbread batter (kids love the dipping part!) and bake them up. You can make the plate a little more colorful and nutritious by adding some spinach leaves and orange slices.
- One 13-ounce package precooked turkey sausage, cut into bite-sized pieces
- One 8-ounce box corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil and then place your baking rack right on top. Spray the baking rack with nonstick cooking spray so nothing sticks. Set these aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine the corn muffin mix, egg and milk with a fork. Stir in a nice pinch of both salt and pepper. Take each piece of turkey sausage and coat it in the corn muffin batter. Place each corn dog on the prepared baking rack.
4. Once they're all lined up, pop the corn dogs in the oven and bake about 10 minutes or until the corn dog bites are lightly browned. Remove them from the oven and serve immediately.