These gorgeous baked oysters on the half shell are smothered in French camembert, a white wine mixture and broiled in the oven. The cheese sauce can also be made ahead of time as it needs to be refrigerated for at least 6 hours, so when it's time to cook dinner, you only need about 10 minutes in the kitchen.
For the Camembert Sauce:
- In a large pot, bring the cream and white wine to a boil. Add the brie, one block at a time. Stir gently until melted.
- Add the beurre manie (recipe provided below). Using a hand mixer, mix on medium speed until evenly incorporated.
- Make sure sauce is hot, but not boiling. Slowly add the 2 tablespoons of egg yolk.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, add parsley, garlic and shallots. Refrigerate for 6 hours or until mixture hardens.
For the Beurre Manie:
- In a large bowl, add flour and butter.
- Knead together with hands until the flour is coated in butter, creating a dough.
To compose the oysters:
- Set oven to Broil.
- On a large pan sheet, cover bottom with a layer of rock salt. Set oysters face up on rock salt, so they don’t fall over.
- Using a spoon, cover each oyster with the brie sauce.
- Place oysters in the oven until the cheese caramelizes, approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve immediately.