- 1/2 pound butter, softened
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 shallots, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs such as tarragon, oregano, and/or basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 48-60 steamed mussels, cooled, one half shell removed
This is a great dish to make with any leftover steamed mussels:Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Combine the butter, garlic, shallots, herbs, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use. Line mussels on a baking sheet and spoon butter mixture on mussels. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake until bread crumbs are golden and butter is melted, about five minutes. Serve on individual heated plates.