- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh thyme (1/2 teaspoon if you're using dried)
- 1/2 cup fontina cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a small-ish, oven-safe pan, melt your butter over medium heat. Add the garlic, mushrooms and thyme. Allow the mushrooms to soften for about 3 minutes.
3. Sprinkle the grated cheese evenly across the mushrooms. Now crack the eggs over all of it, side by side.
4. Slide that right into a hot oven. I baked mine for 10 minutes, which gave me firm whites and slightly runny yolks.
5. Bring it straight to the table (don't forget your trivet!) and serve with warm, buttered toast.