Top toasted baguette with roasted cherry tomatoes and Mediterranean veggies for a delicious, perfectly balanced pizza.
Swap option: For even more flavor, top with a few drained capers or shredded fresh basil.
(Created by TODAY with our sponsor Whole Foods.)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 10 cloves garlic, smashed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large sprig thyme, leaves only
- Roasted cherry tomatoes and garlic (recipe above)
- One 16-ounce can no-added-sodium artichoke hearts, drained
- One 16-ounce can no added-sodium hearts of palm, drained
- 1/4 cup cashew cream cheese or plain non-dairy cream cheese
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon kelp granules
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 cup shredded spinach
- 1 whole-grain baguette, halved lengthwise
For the roasted cherry tomatoes and garlic:1.
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.2.
Spread the tomatoes, cut-sides up, over the baking sheet and scatter the garlic cloves among them. Sprinkle everything with pepper and the thyme leaves.3.
Roast until the tomatoes collapse and char a bit on the edges, about 20 minutes. Use immediately, or let cool and refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
For the pizza:1.
Preheat oven heated to 375°F.2.
Put the artichoke hearts and hearts of palm in a food processor and pulse a few times, just until chunky. Transfer to a medium bowl and mix in the cashew cream cheese, onion, nutritional yeast, kelp, and Old Bay. (This mixture can also be used as a dip or a sandwich spread.)3.
Fold in the shredded spinach and spread the artichoke mixture evenly over the cut side of each baguette half. Top with the roasted tomatoes and garlic.4.
Bake until heated through and the baguette is a bit browned in spots, 8-10 minutes. Let cool slightly, then use a serrated knife to cut into 1-inch-wide slices. Serve.
Excerpted from "The Whole Foods Cookbook" by John Mackey, Alona Pulde, MD and Matthew Lederman, MD. Recipes by The Sarno Brothers of Wicked Healthy Copyright © 2018 by Whole Foods Market IP, LP and Transition to Health, Inc. Reprinted with permission of Grand Central Life & Style. All rights reserved.
TODAY has affiliate relationships, so we may get a small share of the revenue from your purchases. Items are sold by the retailer, not by TODAY.