- 2 lbs cleaned monkfish tail
- 2 sheets thinly sliced bacon
- 2 cups English peas, blanched
- 1 cup spring radishes, quartered and blanched
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chiffonade
- ¼ cup chopped tarragon
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 clove garlic
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 Tbsp butter
Lay out the bacon on a piece of plastic wrap, next put the monkfish on the bacon, season with salt and pepper, and roll up tying the ends of the plastic wrap.
Poach the monkfish in a pot of simmering water for 8 minutes.
Take the monkfish out of the plastic wrap, heat up a sauté pan, coat with oil, then add the fish, 2 Tbsp butter, 2 springs of thyme and one clove of garlic, cook at 375F for 7 minutes.
In a separate pan, add 2 Tbsp of butter, the peas, radishes, the romaine and some chopped red onion and sauté.
For the salsa verde, mix the tarragon, chives, parsley, lemon and olive oil. Reserve for plating