This is the one thing that everyone in my family will eat, regardless of their diet. The combination juicy chicken and crispy bacon is absolutely irresistible.
Technique tip: Use a toothpick to hold the bacon in place while it cooks.
Swap option: Not the healthiest option, but definitely the tastiest, is to fry it instead of baking it.
- 12 chicken tenders (about 2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 12 slices bacon (about 1 pound)
- 24 toothpicks
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and set a wire cooling rack on top. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, toss together the chicken tenders with the seasoning until well combined. Wrap a piece of bacon tightly around each chicken tender, skewering a toothpick on both ends to secure. Place the chicken on the prepared pan and continue wrapping the rest.
3. Bake the chicken until cooked through and browned, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven, and set the broiler to high. Carefully remove the toothpicks from the chicken and place under the broiler until crispy on top, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately or let cool and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Excerpted from "Real Life Dinners: Fun, Fresh, Fast Dinners" by Rachel Hollis. Copyright © 2018 by the author and reprinted by permission of St. Martin's Press.
TODAY has affiliate relationships, so we may get a small share of the revenue from your purchases. Items are sold by the retailer, not by TODAY.