This recipe is deliciously simple! It truly is finger food at its finest, plus the whole family can help put this dish together.
Technique tip: Amp up your bacon with candied bacon! Sprinkle a pinch of brown sugar, black pepper and rosemary over the bacon strips before cooking.
Swap option: Making your own pancake batter is also easier thank you think.
- 1 pound bacon
- 2 cups Bisquick mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Lay the slices of bacon on the sheet, doing your best to maximize the space. The bacon will shrink as it cooks.
3. Cook the bacon until it's crisp, about 15-20 minutes. Remove the tray from the oven and transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to soak up the grease. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, whisk the Bisquick mix.
5. In separate bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together.
6. Add the pancake mix to the eggs and milk mixture. Set the batter aside while you heat your griddle to medium-low heat.
7. Place a slice of bacon onto the hot griddle. Scoop out 1/4 cup of pancake batter and pour this evenly on top of the piece of bacon.
8. Cook until the edges are set and bubbles form on top of the pancake. Flip and cook until browned.
9. Serve warm, with maple syrup to dip.