I love me a frittata! It's one of the easiest meals you can make. It's also a great way to use up leftovers lurking in the fridge. This version uses leftover Bacon and Caramelized Onion Topping and is dotted with creamy ricotta. It's delicious right out of the oven, at room temperature or even cool, and makes a great breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack!
Technique tip: Cook onions low and slow for optimal caramelization.
Swap option: Use mascarpone instead of ricotta.
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup finely grated pecorino
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Bacon and Caramelized Onion Topping (recipe linked above)
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and cream. Add the pecorino and salt and season with pepper, to taste. Whisk well to combine; set aside.
3. Scatter the Bacon and Caramelized Onion Topping evenly over the bottom of a seasoned 8-inch cast-iron skillet. Pour the egg mixture over the topping. Dollop the ricotta over the eggs.
4. Bake until set, for 25-30 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.