This appetizer is a surprising mix of subtly sweet and salty, savor flavors.
Technique tip: Remove bread sticks from the baking sheet while warm or they will stick like glue, which would be a major party fail.
- 1 box very thin breadsticks
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 package thin-sliced bacon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread the brown sugar onto a plate. Wrap the bacon starting at one end of the breadstick, barely overlapping, then roll the bacon-covered breadstick in the brown sugar, pressing it to adhere. (At this point, you can refrigerate your wrapped sticks overnight.)
3. Place the breadsticks on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake until bacon is cooked and almost crisp, about 45 minutes.
4. Once done, remove sticks from baking sheet while warm or they will get stuck to the foil. Place on wax paper and let them come to room temperature before serving.